All fees payable for services rendered, both for sale or letting are stipulated under the 7th Schedule of Valuers, Appraisers, Estate Agents & Property Managers Rules.
Under the 7th Schedule:
1. Sale or Purchase
- Land and Buildings (Maximum fee of 3%)
- Fees for other services such as joint venture, sale of company, property swaps, etc. (Maximum fee of 3%)
- Chattels including Plant and Machinery (10 % of the proceeds)
Minimum fee : As above, subject to a minimum fee shall be RM1,000 per property.
The above scale applies to any sale or purchase by way of private treaty, tender or any other mode of disposal or acquisition.
For Sale and Marketing of projects by registered estate agents, the fees are to be agreed between the estate agent and the client.
The above scale of fees shall not apply to the sale of foreign properties in Malaysia or sale of Malaysian properties in foreign countries.
|Duration of Tenancy||Maximum (Fee equivalent too)|
|Up to 3 years||1.25 months gross rental|
|Exceeding 3 years up to 4 years||1.50 months gross rental|
|Exceeding 4 years up to 5 years||1.75 months gross rental|
|Exceeding 5 years||1.75 months gross rental|
|Exceeding 5 years
(without option for renewal)
|1.75 months gross rental|
|Exceeding 5 years
(with option for renewal)
|1.75 months gross rental plus 0.25 months rental for every additional year|
Minimum fee : As above subject to a minimum fee of 1 month rental.
For tenancies less than one year, the fee may be calculated on a pro rata basis. The above scale shall not apply to serviced offices or apartments or any other premises of a similar nature.
3. Rent Reviews – 50 % of the fees chargeable under lettings
4. Additional Claims
In addition to the fees stated in items 1 to 3, claims may be made for:
- the cost of printing, plans, copies of documents, lithography, travelling (only where the distance between the estate agent’s office and the property is more than 40 km) and other expenses actually incurred;
- the cost of media advertisements, signboards, brochures and other promotional material.
Note : The above additional claims may not be incurred by the registered estate agent without the prior concurrence of the client.
For more information, kindly refer to http://lppeh.gov.my/WP2016/fees/